An ecommerce website enables you to run your business online. With several avenues available for developing an e-commerce website, from ecommerce platforms to CMS’s (Content Management Systems) – it can be tricky to choose an option that suits your business. eCommerce website development involves designing and developing a virtual platform where users can buy and sell goods or services.
eCommerce websites play a significant role in increasing sales and growing your business. As it gives the online store a unique feel and an appealing look, making it highly functional with great tools and features that can be personalized as per business objectives.
By 2040, 95% of business will be done through ecommerce, predicts NASDAQ. Emerging technologies and marketing tactics have transformed the way shopping is experienced. As an online brand, there are always challenges when eyeing for opportunities and expansion. To attain those sales targets, it is paramount to sell quality products and engage with customers, all through the right channel.
Why Drupal for eCommerce Websites?
When talking about the right channel, Drupal definitely fits the bill. Drupal is a freely available open-source CMS that can be used for eCommerce website development. It contains a core set of files that are standard on all installations, along with plugins and themes that are added to personalize it.
Drupal is a perfect fit for eCommerce business development as it offers an ideal means for modelling your content, fulfilment tools, and integrated marketing payment that helps in driving a larger audience. All the features of Drupal are accessible to businesses of every size.
Top tips for developing a custom ecommerce website
The following tips will help you develop a website that effectively meets the requirements of your customers and business, while ensuring it is safe and easy to use.
1. Identify the products/services to be sold – The primary step is to identify the products/services that will be up for sale on the website. It is important to have a precise understanding of your target market and their needs before resuming with website development.
If you intend to sell products, you will need to identify whether you are going to offer tangible products that are required to be shipped or digital products. You are also required to consider your logistics and how you will manage the shipping and delivery process.
If you intend to sell services, it is paramount to consider what customers value and how you can sell those services through your website. Considering things like mode of payment, customer support, and means of communication are essential.
2. Understand the business objectives – After identifying what would be up for sale, it is crucial to understand the business objectives. This will help guide the eCommerce website developmentprocess and ensure the website is wired to meet the customer demands. At this stage, businesses must consider things such as increasing brand awareness, growing sales, or improving customer engagement.
3. Perceive the intent of the shopping experience – The next stage is to understand or perceive the shopping experience that you intend your customers to have. You need to focus on the information they wish to see and what would be the call to action. The aim is to create a user-friendly experience that converts prospects into customers. The shopping experience should revolve around supporting business objectives.
4. Choose platform – Out of the several platforms, Drupal is ideal for eCommerce business development.It is one of the most comprehensive website builders that support multiple payment modes. Users can implement their own independent shipping terms and conditions. All the sensitive personal information is highly secured, too.
5. Add products/services – After identifying the products or services to be sold, you are now required to add products or services to your website. This process is more or less automated based on the platform chosen. At this stage, updating product information such as the product name, description, price, and images is essential. You have to ensure that the product images are of superior quality and correctly represent the products.
6. Set payments and logistics –As an eCommerce development company, the next significant step is to set payment modes and logistics. This varies based on the products/services sold and targeted markets. It is crucial to consider how the payments will be accepted and how the delivery will be executed.
Contactless payment has become an emerging shopping trend and has been continuing for a long time. Audiences prefer paying digitally instead of cash payments. Thus, providing different payment options is crucial for customer delight.
The means of payment and delivery methods tend to affect things such
as customer support and security levels on the website. Thus, it is
important to choose secure and highly reputed payment channels
accessible to your target customers.
7. Launch the website – The final stage is to execute and launch your website. This process depends on the chosen platform and level of customization required. You will need to work with a designer or developer to bring get your website live and running. Partner with Drupal India , a leading eCommerce development companythat will help build your dream website.
E-commerce has unleashed new opportunities for business owners to claim their own stake in the digital space. Based on your e-commerce business requirements, coding experience and list of features, you can opt for a suitable platform to build your website. Drupal deems to be a good fit in following scenarios:
- When you want to extensively personalize the e-commerce website.
- When you wish to rapidly scale the business as Drupal’s modular framework enables high scalability
- When a team member has extensive web development experience.
Businesses that are just starting out might find Drupal a little complex for their needs. As it entails a high learning curve if you lack sufficient coding experience. It offers extensive flexibility and personalization capabilities, once you start using the platform, you can attain what you want with your website. Looking forward to develop your ecommerce website from scratch, Drupal India is an expert eCommerce development company.
Q1. There are so many CMS choices available in the market. Why should I choose Drupal?
Millions of business enterprises use Drupal for website development. Many of the web’s most prominent platforms are powered by it. It has been serving both startup and established businesses with the demands of managing their content operations.
It’s designed to build flexible, structured content and link sophisticated integration tools. It’s also popular for its multi-site and extensive linguistic features. Check out our case studies to see why others have chosen Drupal.
Q.2 Can I migrate a WordPress website to Drupal?
Ans. Yes, sure! You can easily do it with the support of Drupal India developers. They use certain modules to migrate your website to Drupal.
Q3. What is a Drupal Module?
Ans. Modules are sets of functions that enhance Drupal’s functionality. They make it more functional. You can either use a community-contributed module or create your own to provide that functionality.