The popularity of Drupal is giving way to its adaptation as the CMS of choice for more and more businesses. However, adding features and functionality to your website in a rapid manner sometimes induce mistakes in your web portal. Here, we will learn about how to avoid mistakes during Drupal Development and procure a swift and technically flawless web portal for your business.
Take Care of These Mistakes During The Implementation of Drupal
1. Bad Content – Content is the backbone of any website. Understand the content requirement absolutely, and, focus on reuse and standardization of content types.
2. Incorrect Installation – Make sure to install the modules and themes in the right directory, as an installation in the wrong folder will create errors and debugging problems. Do not install custom modules on the root level.
3. Over Coding – We recommend the use of ready made modules for a cost efficient and swift development. Because the Drupal contributed modules are thoroughly tested, it provides the websites a robust and sturdy feel.
4. Working without VCS – The Version Control System is a must to be installed during the development of your Drupal project. It maintains the overall Drupal Website Development history and is an aid for the developers to keep track of modification.
5. Incorrect Modules – Check the rules prior installing any module and maintain that the module is well supported without any caveats. Special emphasis should be given to modules in their beta or alpha state.
6. Controlling Spam – Keep your web portal moderated and regulated through the use of a superior spam control module. Spams can affect you through posts, comments, and contact forms. Control them through real-time filtering and challenge-response interaction.
7. Optimum Number of Modules – Do not pile up modules one after the another as it hampers the performance of your website. Disable and uninstall the unnecessary modules and rely on module review to check their number.
8. No Core Hacking – Hacking the Drupal files and themes can have a negative impact on your website. Instead, the Drupal functions can be written to override the codes or a sub theme can be created as per the needs.
9. Right Cache Frequency – The cache frequency should be optimized and configured in relation to the changes in the content. Regular cache clearing can positively affect your website’s performance.
10. Not Upgrading the Core and Modules – After the website development is completed, it is essential to do a review and upgrade the core and the modules as per the requirement. It provides your website with added security and functionality.
Following the above points, one can have a technically sound website that performs flawlessly. The common Drupal mistakes can be avoided easily which renders you with a robust and rich website for your online venture.