Drupal 8 was launched with remarkable features like greater flexibility, improved load speed, and scalability, that is turning out to be a remarkable CMS for website development. It is drawing the attention of enterprises to migrate their existing website into this powerful CMS. While Drupal 8 Migration is not a simple job to perform if not taken proper guidance in view of the troubles regarding data migration and module shifts. A good way to lower the troubles is to be well prepared in advance.
If you Hire Drupal Developers, the process of migration will be simple, this blog post will help you move in the right direction. In this blog, the important facts and advantages of Drupal 8 migration are discussed. The benefits are tremendous in Drupal 8 as it is built with new technologies like Symfony and Twig, making the migration process simple. Apart from being secure and flexible, Drupal 8 is projected as a far more scalable version.
1. Migration Will Transform The Website Theme:- With Drupal 8 and 9 Migration, you will see a complete change to your website theme. Your website will appear completely different after the migration from the way it appears earlier. The major reason for this look is that the older versions are based on the different themes and templates. The challenges faced are the acceptability and the complete repair work. A majority of Drupal websites were created when the concept of responsive design was not in craze and ceased to exist. But with Drupal 9, theme migration serves as a blessing in disguise.
2. Migration Update Information Architecture:- Migrating to an advanced architecture will advance your productivity to build more futuristic web applications. Though it may appear a difficult task, but it is the perfect opportunity to update the information architecture created earlier. This update in information architecture is an asset for the developers. It gives opportunities to audit the fields and modules to fast track the development work. The update does not make the older version useless. It simply means, the first duplication of the older version into Drupal 8 and then fixes are done based on the new requirements.
3. Increase Implementation of PHP Native OOPS Features:- Drupal is based on the concept of Object-Oriented Paradigms (OOPS). It is an essential feature included with the design system to make sure that the web development avail best results. Drupal 9 focuses more on the OOPS features by laying more significance on PHP. There are several constructs in Drupal that are described as “object.” Some of the more recognized Drupal components that could be measured as objects are themes, modules, nodes, and users.
4. Build Mobile-Friendly Applications:- As mentioned earlier, most of the Drupal websites created earlier at the time when the concept of mobile responsive design was not that popular. Drupal 6 and Drupal 7 were designed mostly to support desktop websites and their usage. Drupal 8 comes with advancement as it is largely implemented with a mobile-first mechanism. Most of the users these days prefer mobile devices to open websites and perform daily tasks. Drupal 8 is not only a bonus for the customers, but also for the developers who build them. The user interface and the user experience design are all perfect for a mobile user’s requirements. The themes are also selected in accordance with the mobile-responsiveness of the application.
5. Faster & Better Performance:- Having a new cache feature in Drupal 8, page loading is quite faster than previous versions. With cache tags, each part of the page is cached separately in the database making faster page loading. This works amazingly with content delivery networks (CDNs) for removing the appropriate pages when content changes. Drupal 8 and 9 offers a strong base for enabling firms to deliver better web, mobile, and social experiences to end users.
Conclusion:- Most updates and upgrades offer a wide range of advantages. But, Drupal 8 Migration is always a challenge for people as there are different concerns of data loss and bad customer experience, particularly, during the migration phase. Hence, it becomes crucial for the application owners to first identify the needs and benefits, as well as challenges, before the migration process. An upgrade will no longer be a choice but it will be advantageous since its a complete revolution. If you are looking for a quality migration of older versions to Drupal 8, look for a reputed web development company having expertise in migration, development and customization work.