No matter, wherever you look at the information of developing a feature-rich and interactive website development. One term you read frequently is content management systems. It is the content management system that allows you to create a fully functional business website. It gives you the flexibility to add, update, modify, publish, or delete content at any point in time.
Now, wondering which CMS is best for your business? The answer lies with what do you exactly need from a CMS in terms of functionality, features, agility, and flexibility.
In this blog, we will be focussing on different CMS options like Magento, WordPress development, and Drupal ecommerce development based on their features, pros & cons. Once reading the same, you will find an easy road to select the ideal content management system to add seamless functionality to your website.
WordPress is one of the popular content management systems that cover 35% of all the websites on the internet. It is an open-source content management systems for enterprise and individual bloggers to start their websites for free at the initial stage. And, later on, upgrade to the paid version to add advanced functionalities to the website.
* WordPress is free to install and configure even by a beginner without finding any technical functionality to it. By using the simple, step-by-step process, you can add customized features to the WordPress website and ready to go live.
* Build any type of website on WordPress is it like an online eCommerce store, blog, brochure website, or even a single-page website.
* A plethora of free and paid WordPress plugins to make the job of website developers to make customized changes to the website. There are plugins available for integrating social media platforms, SEO, blog commenting, website performance analysis, and more.
* You need to make extra efforts in terms of regular security updates, backups, and additional functionalities at the expense of paid website version.
* A majority of plugins and themes available on WordPress CMS are mostly powered by third-party vendors. So, you need to keep a close eye on such plugins and update them from time to time.
* WordPress does not offer that flexibility to adding code as compared with its competitive CMS.
As per many website developers, Drupal is the best choice of CMS among all other competitive options available today. Although it falls behind WordPress with an estimated website number of 1,000,000 still, Drupal is a reliable CMS for large, medium to small enterprises. The reason behind the wide acceptance of Drupal CMS is a professional approach to create a customized website with an effective monetization model. Also, you can easily hire Drupal developers having extensive knowledge and expertise for developing profitable websites for different industrial verticals.
* Additional Features: Drupal has to offer so many added modules or plugins you say in the case of WordPress. Different modules bring advanced functionality and an efficient approach to this CMS for experiencing maximum efficiency.
* Upgraded Version: Unlike CMS like WordPress, Drupal offers much more in terms of an upgraded version of Drupal 9. Enterprises can swiftly look for Drupal migration from an existing CMS without affecting the functionality and its running conditions. The new version offers advanced functionalities to automate several settings of the CMS.
* Easy to Use: As compared to other content management systems, Drupal is relatively easy to use and configure. It provides an acceptable learning curve even to beginner developers. The cluttered free CMS offers is user-friendly in terms of adding content.
* Developer-Friendly: Drupal CMS is beneficial for developers to bring scalability, add codes, and manage the overall website in a hassle-free manner. It further offers advanced user management and user permission capabilities.
* Limited following and reach as compared to WordPress.
* Slightly technical CMS but offers a result-oriented set of functionalities.
* Need prior experience in accessing this CMS.
Despite having few cons of the content management system, one of the best things to encounter is the Drupal 9 development benefit to experience an updated version with ease.
Talking about the best CMS available for enterprises, the name of Magento cannot be left behind. It is another open-source Content Management System that is an ideal pick for creating profitable eCommerce websites. Used by one of the largest retail partners, Magento offers lot of room for flexibility, high inventory, and lot of sales options to look around.
1. Favorable Payment Options: As already mentioned about the exceptional eCommerce business capabilities of Magento. It offers a plethora of flexible and agile payment gateway options as per your business requirements. Not only this, Magento comes packed with a lot of in-built unique payment gateways like Cash-on-Delivery and through several bank accounts as well.
2. Flexibility: Magento store offers the flexibility of adding required functionalities and items as per your business needs. Specifically for online retail businesses, you can count on Magento for adding a number of products and items in a straightforward manner.
3. Magento Support: CMS comes with full support in terms of providing third-party plugins for additional functionalities, regular updates, and several other features.
* Magento demands full-fledged technical knowledge from enterprises to ideally operate the CMS. Such a thing might be difficult for small companies that do not have many resources to hire exceptionally skilled professionals.
* Magento is not as easy as like WordPress or any other CMS in terms of operations and functionalities.
* Free version of Magento offers limited functionality. Whereas, paid version of Magento Commerce is a bit expensive.
It is essential to devote some time and little investment to a feature-rich content management system for the effective functioning of a website. Choose the best CMS as per your enterprises’ requirements and flexibility to add customized features into that.
If interested in availing Drupal CMS for your online business, then get ready to explore new series of opportunities to bring more flexibility, agility, and scalability to your business. Get in touch with Drupal India as a pioneer Drupal Development Company to know in-depth details of CMS and hire professionals to develop feature-rich software for business.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the Features of an Ideal CMS?
A content management system is best for you in terms of few considerations like the following:
* Easy to learn and configure
* Should be a widespread community for constant support
* Security comes as the first priority in the CMS
* Easy to migrate feature from one platform to another
* Free tech support for making substantial changes
* Wide range of modules or plugins to offer
* Easy customizations
* In-built SEO features
2. Which CMS is Best for Small Business?
For the initial stage, WordPress is an ideal choice for small businesses. However, Drupal CMS is an apt choice to find advanced features, monetization functionalities, and optimum support from the community.
3. What is the Cost of Developing a CMS for Business?
The actual cost of developing a CMS for your business website depends entirely on your requirement to add customized features, modules, and functionalities. As per the nature of your business, you can decide the ideal CMS, and cost is calculated by the company accordingly.