Easy to analyze the performance of your website by configuring and install Google Analytics Module by following our simple guide. It’s a part of Drupal 9 development to make your platform much more accessible and result-oriented from the business perspective.
Having a business website is one thing and knowing the performance of your site is another.
It is imperative for growth-oriented business owners like you to get into the insights of your website to know:
* How many visitors are coming to your platform?
* How much time do users spend on your site?
* Which pages are top-performing?
* What is the SEO ranking of your web pages?
* What is the customer behaviour on your site?
Thus, to know it all, you need to install and install Google Analytics module on your Drupal website.
So, here in this post, we will show you how to install and set up a GA module on your website that easily helps with Drupal development to a great extent.
But before we start that, let’s first know why do you need Google Analytics integration with Drupal 7, Drupal 8, or Drupal 9 platform.
Table of Content
A.Why Google Analytics?
B.Know More About Google Analytics Module
C.How to Setup & Install Google Analytics in Drupal?
C.1.Step.First Get the Google Analytics ID
C.2.Step.Install the Drupal Module and Do the Basic Setup
C.3.Step.Setup Using the Module’s Key
C.3.1.Step.Single or Multiple Domains
C.3.5.Step.Download and Link Tracking
C.3.7.Step.Search and Ad Tracking
C.3.8. IP Address Anonymizing
C.3.9.Step.Customized Dimensions & Metrics
D. Concluding Thoughts
Why Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is you know the favourable choice of integration for SEO and marketing professionals to understand the website’s performance. Not just marketers, but also enterprise owners, developers, admins, and other professionals need GA integration to have a clear view of the site.
* GA helps in knowing better about your customers, their behaviour, from where they come from, for how long they access your site, etc.
* Get a deeper understanding of customer behaviour in terms of finding your site user-friendly or not.
* Evaluate and optimize content marketing campaigns, website pages, blogs, social media, and more.
* Analyze the capability of your Drupal platform.
* Download and share the detailed report of Google Analytics to analyze the current behaviour.
Get to Know About Google Analytics Module for Drupal
If you are thinking Google Analytics Module is similar to the generalized version of the integration, then it’s not. All you need is to get the Google Analytics ID and the Drupal platform will do the rest. So, unlike the usual practice of copying the Google Analytics ID and paste into the HTML of all web pages, you only need to set it up swiftly.
How to Setup or Install Google Analytics Module in DrupalIndia?
1.First Get the Google Analytics ID
The first step of installing and setting up the Google Analytics Module in Drupal 9 or Drupal 8 starts with getting the GA ID. For this, you need to follow the simple steps:
* Go to the Google Analytics site.
* Open the “Admin”, tab.
* Click on, “Create Property”.
* Select the Property as your Drupal Website.
* Fill out the required details and complete the registration process.
* Go to the “Property Settings” page and copy the Property ID.
2.Install the Drupal Module and Do the Basic Setup
Next in the line is to do the basic setup of the Google Analytics Module on your preferred choice of Drupal platform. For this, simply download the GA module and enable the same on your Drupal website. Once download, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
* Click on “Configure” to open the module settings.
* Go to “General Settings” and paste the Property ID generated in the first step of the process.
* Follow the ID entry format specified by the Drupal admin dashboard.
* After that save the configuration.
3.Setup Using the Module’s Key
In addition to generating the Property ID and submitting the same, you can also enable the tracking scope. It will be tracked for the below-mentioned list of settings.
- Single or Multiple Domains: Configure the functionality of the GA module for any single or multiple domains based on the Drupal platform. The above-mentioned setting is for the single domain and for multiple ones there will be different steps.
- Page Tracking: It is to up you to decide which pages on the Drupal website need to be tracked and which are not required. Accordingly, you can include the GA tracking codes on respective pages.
- Role Tracking: Tracking user on your website has of imperative importance for which whole integration is discussed. From the role tracking feature, you can exclude the role of admin that will be of no use to you.
- User Tracking: There is a possibility to enable the user tracking functionality in which users can also decide whether they need GA-tracked or not. From a business point of view, it is better to switch the default mode to track all the users on the platform analyze their behaviour towards the website.
- Download and Link Tracking: This GA tracking feature allows you to analyze how many users click on your site and how many files are downloaded. On top of that, you can select the link and the file extension type to be tracked
- Message Tracking: With this integration, you can track the error, warning, or any other status messages received by customers. It enables you to analyze the website’s usability.
- Search and Ad Tracking: This setting allows you to track the performance of internal keywords integrated with AdSense ads and measure the overall performance. It further allows you to track the ads based on demographics, interest, remarketing, and more.
- IP Address Anonymizing: By enabling this setting, you can hire the last part of the IP address of users.
- Customized Dimensions & Metrics: With this particular setting, you can track a particular scenario of your site. For example, you can track the performance of a specific webpage, content, and the difference between logged in and logged out.
From the above discussion, you must have got an idea as to how to install Google Analytics Module in Drupal 9 or any other version of the same platform. Next is getting reliable technical support to configure the same along with getting Drupal support and maintenance from DrupalIndia.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1.What are Drupal Modules?
Drupal Modules is a collection of files with each containing a specific sort of functionality and providing valuable features to your website. The modules are written in PHP and provide easy accessibility to your Drupal 8 or Drupal 9 website to meet business objectives.
Q2.How to Setup Google Tag Manager on Drupal 9?
Basically, you need to follow the below steps to set up Google Tag manager on the Drupal 9 platform.
* At first, create your Google Tag Manager Account and Container.
* Install the Drupal 9 module.
* Add the Google Analytics ID into the Google Tag Manager.
* Configure the Google Tag Manager Module on your Drupal 9 website.
* Lastly, disable the Google Analytics Module.
Q3.Apart from Google Analytics Which Other Modules are Recommended for Drupal 9?
There is a list of modules to integrate with the Drupal 9 platform.
* Paragraphs Module
* Admin Toolbar Module
* Display Suite
* Webform Module
* Devel Module
* Drupal GraphQL Module
* Pathauto Module
Read More about Drupal 9 Offers Profitable SEO Capabilities.