Drupal CMS is known for its desired level of customization and robust functionality. Drupal is the best choice no matter what website you are developing. This CMS is efficient to build a media website, company website, or a small social network. But the most important thing that experts recommend is Drupal 8 for Government websites because it has all the features that are required to develop a government website.
Challenges to Select CMS for Government Website Development
1. Advanced Security:- A government’s website security is the most important element as the whole country’s security is related to it. Highly sensitive data, user credentials, and records are saved on the website, so security is a deciding factor when selecting a development tool.
2. Easy Access:- Government websites are mostly used by the citizens and it is important that it is easy and smooth to access. Poor graphics, heavy images, dull layout, and lack of multilingual features should not affect the user experience.
3. Cost:- The website development cost of a large enterprise cannot be compared to a government website. Governments prefer high-quality solutions with minimum budget.
Most CMS are not able to meet the above criteria, only Drupal has the features that make it the most preferred development platform. Let’s check its features:
1. Security:- Drupal provides the latest security thanks to predefined security modules:
Security Kit to block any issue or attack related to HTML injection.
Login Security that blocks intruders to access the content.
Password Policies making passwords more complicated.
Payment Encryption to make payment transaction secure.
2. Cost-Effective:- Cost is one of the major obstacles to select a high-quality CMS solution. To deal with such situation, Drupal has multiple advantages:
The platform is completely open-source so no licensing cost is required for using.
This CMS has hundreds of free extensions for numerous functionalities, so one can easily upgrade the website without investing additional money.
3. Scalability:- Another important feature of Drupal 8 is the scalability. The CMS is perfect for all sort of websites from small survey websites having two to three pages to content-rich websites having gigabytes of data. In addition to that, Drupal can handle high-traffic in a very systematic manner. Websites built on this tool don’t face any glitch even if traffic volume jumps high.
4. Easy Integration:- A powerful CMS should be efficient to easily integrate with different third-party plugins. Publishing tools, extensions, and data repositories belong to the list of important integrations. Drupal has a great feature that enables flawless integration with any third-party extension starting from payment gateways and social networks. This remarkable feature helps Drupal Development Services to build an appealing and smooth website having all the functionalities.
Conclusion:- Government websites are very important to our society. These websites provide information regarding citizens’ needs and fulfill them on urgent basis. These web solutions provide an opportunity for every citizen and open new doors for them in terms of being socially active. There are hundreds of Government Websites built on Drupal. The reason for the same is mentioned above and that is why Drupal Web Development for Government projects is gaining so much importance nowadays. Drupal innovative features allow the smooth development of government projects. So, this is the best time to migrate to this appealing CMS for better business results.