Drupal is an open source and PHP based content management system used to build high-quality websites. The most important advantage of Drupal is the security it provides. It secures website data from hackers and blocks spam attacks. As per the survey, Drupal has the least vulnerability percentage. Cyber criminals pose a serious threat to the website and need to be addressed on an urgent basis. Most of the serious vulnerabilities happen due to the lack of awareness. To keep the website protected, some necessary measures need to be taken care of.
1. Remain Updated:- The simplest way to reduce any chance of security vulnerability attack is by keeping the Drupal Modules Updated. Hackers target platforms that are outdated, so always update when any security patch is released. You can always contact the official website to get the current version of the CMS and its modules for a safe online venture.
2. Set Network Firewalls:- Firewalls are the best software applications to provide additional security over the web server. A firewall is integrated on the website and network to ensure that only the data from trusted parties flow through the network. It can also be useful when it is important to restrict outgoing connections from the server. Integrate it with robust antivirus to uplift the performance of the website.
3. Analyze File Permissions:- To secure your website, correct file permissions need to be used. Each file has unique permissions like read, write or modify. If you keep permissions loose, this could help hackers to access your platform. But, if you are too restrictive, permissions could affect the installation of Drupal. That’s because modules and Drupal need certain directories to write.
4. Choose Reliable Hosting Service:- Make sure the hosting server you select supports Drupal CMS. Hire a reputable hosting service provider, even the cost is more. It is a possibility that other websites also share the same hosting server with you. This could cause serious consequences if any of these websites gets compromised. All the websites on that server will face downtime. A hosting provider must also do regular backups and fixes for optimized Drupal Website Security.
5. Activate HTTPS:- It is a protocol which encodes HTTP requests and its responses. To secure the user and server connection, install an SSL certificate on the server. Once installed hackers will be stopped from crawling the information shared between the server and the user. Apart from the website safety, SSL certificate also helps in SEO results. HTTP security headers offer an additional layer of protection for websites by lowering attacks. They can be done by a small configuration setting on the server.
Conclusion:- Always follow the above-mentioned steps to lift the security standard of the website. If you are not aware of the inner working of your Drupal CMS or don’t have appropriate time to manage your website’s security, Hire Drupal Developer for optimized performance. They will offer a website maintenance plan to you and you will be confident that a team of professionals is always present to perform regular check-ups and updates.