If you using the right CMS for your website, you can easily create marketing campaigns, drive huge traffic, and narrate your brand story to the world. However, making content accessible to users on any device is one of the biggest challenges faced by marketers. Headless Drupal can be an ideal solution for marketers as it helps content reach users regardless of the device they’re using. Decoupled or Headless CMS is gaining popularity these days. The main reason why users prefer the Headless Drupal CMS is that it allows users to write content only once and access it on any device.
To better know what the Headless Drupal CMS entails, let’s get a quick insight into Headless Drupal.
Headless Drupal CMS Overview
What is a Headless CMS?
A headless CMS is a system that stores, maintains, and edits content, but does not display the content on various devices or platforms. It is referred to as headless or decoupled CMS because it slices off the display part of the CMS. Such CMSs use APIs to deliver content on any device. The RESTful API is one such API that serves as a communication channel between the headless CMS, backend, and users’ devices.
Just like any other Software as a Service (SaaS), the Headless CMS serves as Content as a Service (CaaS). As a host, Drupal manages the content and offers Content as a Service to help users to access content on multiple apps or sites easily. If you have a Drupal website or you’re involved in Drupal website development service, you should consider knowing about the Headless Drupal CMS. When thinking of normal installations, Drupal offers effective ways to store, monitor, and display content. On the other hand, the Headless Drupal, an API is used to deliver content on any device. Users using the Drupal 8 platform may be aware of the RESTful Web Services module existing in the core which features a plethora of powerful modules including Views and Paragraphs.
How Can Headless Drupal Help Marketers?
Drupal website development helps in creating highly-responsive and fast-loading websites to ensure enhanced user engagement and achieve business objectives. These are the major reasons that contribute to the worldwide popularity of Drupal website development. As a Drupal development company, you should consider exploring what the Headless Drupal CMS entails to helps businesses as well as marketers.
- For marketers and users, a headless CMS offers a dynamic, flexible, responsive, and highly-engaging user experience. With the release of various devices every now and then, marketers often face a major challenge of making content accessible on multiple devices. A headless CMS can handle this problem easily.
- Besides, the Headless Drupal functions faster than normal Drupal, which makes it yet another major reason for its popularity among marketers and Drupal website development This is possible because it reflects logic on the front-end interface which helps in streamlining the backend CMS functions. The back-and-forth interaction within the CMS is carried out in real-time in the browser.
Why All Marketers are not Happy with Headless Drupal?
As a Drupal development company, you already know why Drupal is one of the most preferred content management systems for various industries. Drupal offers a wide spectrum of functionalities that enables users to manage their content efficiently without any hassle. If your clients want to switch to headless CMS, you should educate them about the pros and cons of the Headless Drupal CMS to facilitate better decision-making.
Although headless Drupal offers certain benefits for users and marketers, it also comes with its own set of drawbacks.
- Implementing the Headless Drupal CMS can affect or evade the value of content delivery. Moreover, as a lot of functionalities will be lost, you will have to recreate those functionalities on the front-end to ensure good user experience. This will lead to higher costs and an increase in Drupal website development time.
- Another major issue faced by marketers with the Headless Drupal CMS is Drupal SEO. Going with the Headless Drupal CMS affects the SEO functionality of your site that you’ve used to rank your website higher in the search results pages. With the Headless Drupal CMS, all your SEO efforts will go in vain.
- Code maintenance is another major reason that is decreasing its user adoption. If you encounter any issue with your Drupal site, you need to get it resolved with the support of the IT team. When it comes to security concerns, you have to manage it on your own.
Is the Headless Drupal CMS Good for SEO?
No. The Headless Drupal CMS has a lot of potentials to hurt your website’s SEO. If you’re hunting for an effective way to make your website highly responsive, fast, and user engaging, you may consider choosing the Headless Drupal CMS for your Drupal website. However, if you focus more on enhancing the features, functionality, and security of your website, you should think twice before you switch to Headless Drupal. You need to hire Drupal developers and marketers to make your website SEO-ready.
With the Headless Drupal CMS, you have to be prepared for additional time and cost for Drupal SEO development. As a leading Drupal development company, we provide the best-in-class Drupal development services to help you thrive in the industry. With our complete suite of Drupal development services, we deliver an end product that is powered with the right functionality.
Why should I use a Headless Drupal CMS?
One of the major advantages of using the Headless CMS is the flexibility that it offers. As marketers need to display content on multiple devices, the Headless Drupal CMS helps them to deliver content to any type of device with the help of an API. The Headless Drupal CMS provides control and flexibility to create a customized, responsive, and unique UI/UX without using templates and themes.
What is a RESTful API?
A RESTful API is an application program interface that works by processing HTTP requests to ‘GET’, ‘PUT’, ‘POST’, and ‘DELETE’ data. It is also termed as RESTful web service or REST API. This API follows a representational state transfer approach to facilitate interactions in web service development. Unlike Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) technology, REST uses less bandwidth which makes it suitable for efficient internet usage.
What is the cost of Drupal website development?
The cost of Drupal website development depends on the design complexity of your website, the number of features you want to add, and development time. Drupal India offers world-class Drupal development services at an affordable price range to help businesses of all sizes and types.